Andy's Art and Whatever

Friday, October 24, 2008

Lately...

I dunno why, but lately it’s been hard for me to get back into a creative mood. There are a lot of things around me which are distracting me from being able to sit down and draw and color like I use to.

First it was the whole moving situation, but that was a month ago so I should be over my slump now. Then it was the comic convention, which I was a little creative at, but not very. Then it was this whole NYC trip, which thankfully has come and gone. Now it’s the Presidential Election and the Boston Comic con which is sapping up my will to draw.

It may be that I am just in a slump right now. I seem to go on these cycles of being overly productive, with being totally lethargic and unproductive. It’s for this reason that I like Sherlock Holmes, for he too had vices like this (although he got out of them by doing drugs).

The Election too is drawing up a lot of my attention. For the past month and more, I have been reading, searching, watching, and listening to anything I can find that has to deal with the Presidential Election. Recent issues with my Obama drawing have only intensified my interest in this race, and not a day passes where I don’t try to keep up with the events. My mind dwells upon it when I am suppose to be working or drawing, so it makes it hard for me to concentrate. I will be very happy when this election is finally over. Even MORE happy if my candidate wins.

Then of course there’s the simple lack of time to do anything. While I have plenty of time at work to draw, I have almost zero time at home to scan and color. This puts a huge damper on any efforts I may have to work on anything as in the back of my mind it keeps saying “why bother? You won’t have time to color it anyway.” I do believe I have a very mild form of depression and this is it manifesting itself. As we move into the winter months, this will probably only be increased.

I’ve been forcing myself to work on some things though, even if my brain tells me it’s pointless. I have been slowly retooling my website and updating it. I have a new opening page and I added a page (and blog) for Formera as well. A little bit here, and a little bit there, and soon my website will be totally redone. Hopefully I can work on this just in time for the Boston Comic Con.

Finally, money problems always seem to linger upon my mind. If I can’t bring my bank account positive by the beginning of November, I won’t HAVE a bank account.

All of these worries I think are putting so much pressure upon me that I don’t have the energy to pick up a pencil and draw whatever I want. Instead I have been spending the bulk of my time at work playing Pokemon on the DS. The only good news with this is that I got over my stumbling block and have actually started making progress in the game. All of my Pokemon are at level 30 or above, and I am now heading to the second lake, where Team Galatica are suppose to be doing some evil or something. The turn based action of Pokemon is perfect for a job where you are constantly being interrupted by phone calls. You can put it down at any time without worrying about someone hurting you or falling off a platform or whatever.

So anyway... that’s what is new here... I’m not asking for any help or anything. I just felt the need to get it out and write it down. Maybe doing so will get me out of this slump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home