Andy's Art and Whatever

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I’m insane.

To give you an idea of how insane I am, I am currently working on a new picture. As many of you know, I enjoy drawing large groups of characters in large scenes (some examples would be my “Nintendo Karamari” picture or my “FLCL,” and “Hayao Miyazaki” tributes). This new picture that I am working on tops all of them.

Why?

Because it’s Pokemon. That’s right. I’ve decided to draw EVERY Pokemon creature from every game and lump them all together into one large image. THAT, my friends, is INSANE!

I’ve only drawn 52 of them so far, aided by the games and many players guides, and I am getting a little weary already. I may stop at 151, cuz I don’t know how much more of this I can take, and I don’t know how much more my computer can handle. To make things easier, I have been drawing each pokemon separately. Then in Photoshop I resize them, and place them anywhere I want. This gives me a lot more freedom to be able to move them around as I add more pokemon. BUT that also means that each pokemon has it’s own layer. And right now with 52 layers, it’s starting to become a little hard to manage and my computer doesn’t like it. Lol.

Not to mention once I finally get all the pokemon where I want them, I’m going to have to go in and shade every god-damn-one. That’s going to be one hell of a task right there... Ugh...

Why do I do this to myself? Honestly... any sane person wouldn’t attempt this, or would fall back on an easier idea (such as just using the in-game art instead). But nooooo... i gotta draw them from SCRATCH... oy vey...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home