Andy's Art and Whatever

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Boston Con and Commissions

November 2nd is looming up fast and that means the Boston Comic Con! I will be attending that Sunday as a creator along with my publisher and other Alterna Comics artists. This will be my first time that I’ve actually MET my publisher in real life, largely due thanks to the convenience of e-mail and the internet. I’m gonna bring my portfolios of artwork, just like at the Minnesota comic con to browse through, I will be doing art-sketches, signing books, etc... It’s gonna be FUN! Hope to see some of you there!

Speaking of my book however, we’ve finally got a rough estimate for when Book 2 of Formera will be released. It’s looking like it’s going to be January. It’s a little sad because that’s AFTER Christmas, and Christmas for ALL companies is a big time to sell. The good news about this is that it is still going to be published in-time before the big February New York comic con in 2009, so at least I will have the book for this event! I was worried I might not. When I have an exact date, I will definitely keep you all posted!

Also, I just wanted to remind everyone that I AM open for Commissions right now. After the comic con in Minnesota I am going to just go back to my standard rates which are $30 for a fully colored digital picture, $15 for B/W line-art, and $5 for just a sketch. It’s the best time to ask for a commission for me right now because I am done with moving and I haven’t begun working on Book 3 yet, so I have plenty of time at work to draw and create. Just send me a note or better yet, send me a e-mail and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Other than that there’s not too much else going on right now. Been playing MM9's downloaded content quite a bit, been unpacking boxes and putting stuff away, and been just generally feeling much more “at home” here than at our old place. I’m still trying to draw Super Hero’s, though the work has been a bit slow lately. I’m just not a big enough fan of Super Heros to put in too much effort. I’ve been trying to color the Super Man line art for almost a week now and struggling hard with it for some reason. All the colors are roughly there, but I just can’t grip my head around finishing it. I don’t know why...

Anyway, that’s what’s up. Comic con in Nov. Book in Jan. Commissions open, and still drawing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home