Andy's Art and Whatever

Monday, October 27, 2008

8 Days Left till Election...

And I am starting to feel even more apprehensive about it. Last week it looked a sure thing that Obama was VERY far ahead of McCain. But now, as the days dwindle and time starts running out, it’s starting to look a lot more even, and that’s got me scared.

My fear is that a lot of people who initially said they would vote for Obama are going to chicken out at the last minute. Not only that, but there’s the huge evangelical and military vote that’s kept Bush in office. Although, on the flip side, we’ve got a huge majority of minorities coming out to vote this time around, which just might work in Obama’s favor. All in all, it’s going to be tight, and I think that anyone who thinks Obama will win without any problems needs to stop and look at the big picture.

I think we’ve been getting a little cocky about Obama lately. His campaign has been doing so well and has been so much farther ahead than McCain’s for so long that the idea that he might not win is almost absurd to some people. But I think it’s important to remember that it’s not a sure thing yet. We need to keep plugging on because if we become overconfident, our adversaries might be able to use that to their advantage.

I keep saying this will be the last political journal, but I can’t help myself. This has becomes such a big deal in my life right now I can’t escape it. I can’t even really concentrate on my art because of it, and I have a comic book convention coming up this weekend too.

I don’t know why this is so important to me, but this whole race with Obama VS McCain has really stopped my life and I’ve been more focused on politics than I ever have been before. It feels like there’s so much at stake, yet I question whether that’s true or not. I do not want McCain in office. Everything I’ve seen, read, and heard about him just rubs me the wrong way. And I especially do not want Palin to be vice president. She’s almost worse than him in many ways, wanting to take away rights of the people and being downright ignorant on a lot of important issues.

Obama’s made it this far, even with everything McCain has been throwing at him left and right. I just hope that he can make it to the end. There are a lot of scary people out there... vindictive, hateful, and scary people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home