Andy's Art and Whatever

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What’s New?

Aside from Super Mario RPG finally getting a Virtual Console release? Not much...

I have begun working on translating “The Exploits of Arsene Lupin” into a comic book. I have written 17 pages so far of the first chapter. I want 25 pages, but I’m not fixed on page length with this story, so I can go for as long or as short as needed. I am aiming for 25, but it’s ok if I’m off. So far it’s coming along nicely, although there is most certainly going to be a lot of reference research needed for it and I’m going to have to start tightening up my art before I get started on the inking process. Many of the panels are actually empty right now, mostly because I am just trying to fit the text from the book into the appropriate panels, so that the flow is not interrupted.

I think in the end this is going to help improve my art and better prepare me for what I have planned for Formera Book 5 (if I ever get around to getting that far in the series).

Speaking of Formera, my Banner (which I posted here last week) is coming along nicely. My aunt is getting it printed up and we’ve been able to see a full sized “test” page. It’s gonna be GINORMOUS! And it looks AWESOME! I’m sure this will help attract attention at the next comic con!

Oh yeah. The October Comic Con is coming up fast, but that’s not the only one I’m going to. There’s a Boston Comic con coming up, and one in New York in 2009. I don’t have too many details yet, but when I do I’ll be sure to keep you all informed.

I’ve also been encouraged by many people at the GameTrailers forums to continue to do Danny and Spot comics. The people in the Wii forums are not as objectionable as the ones in the general section. Curiously enough, Malstrom (who is a prominent anti-hardcore and pro Wii character) has one of my Danny comics up on his page. Lol. If you’re curious take a peek. Read some of his articles too... they’re LONG but they’re worth it.

http://malstrom.50webs.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home