Andy's Art and Whatever

Monday, September 22, 2008

Mega Man 9 + Sick

It’s day 3 into my sickness. I started with just losing my voice, but today I started getting the shakes, sweating profusely, and feeling very very cold, along with the usual aches and pains of my joints. I’ve taken some medicine, and I feel better now, but this seriously couldn’t have come at a worse possible time. We have less than 1 week now to pack everything up for the move and on my ONLY two days off from work, I’m sick on the couch unable to do much at all.

The good news, however, is that Mega Man 9 was released today, so while I am unable to really do much, I can still play video games to pass the time. I just want to say right now that Mega Man 9 on the Wii is pure 80's fun! This game is HARD as HELL and after an hours playing I have only been able to beat 2 of the 8 bosses.

Thank you capcom for including a “save” feature and for including a shop which allows you to purchase E tanks. I’ve been able to muscle my way through most of the levels due to the fact that I have so many E tanks in reserve. Heh.

I loved the old school Mega Man games, and this is like a fan-service-shout-out to all of us retro 80's gaming fanatics. I really really hope that this game does well to justify more sequels in this style of gaming. I would love to see a Mega Man 10 or 11 in NES style graphics too. Or better yet, a 8-bit or 16-bit sequel to a game series that never really made the jump beyond the SNES, like Adventure Island. Or a totally new game in 8-bit graphics! I tell ya, the potential is limitless now.

Anyone else been playing this game yet? And if so... what do you think and how far along are you?

2 Comments:

  • Hey Andy, hopefully you'll get well soon. At least you get to play plenty of Mega Man 9. I heard it sold over 60,000 on the first day alone, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more "new retro" titles in the future. I think the game is awesome, although I've yet to beat it completely.

    By the way, Andy, do you have a PS3 and Xbox 360 to go along with your Wii? If you don't, you should take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on right now where you can win the system of your choice just by designing a 6 Hour Power t-shirt. I imagine you can come up with something really cool for that. Right now there are less than 375 entrants too, so check out the contest details here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

    Also, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I work with 6HP so if you have any questions just ask. If you do enter the contest, definitely let me know and I'd be happy to vote for your design. Good luck!

    Franklin Keane
    www.6hrpower.com
    Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

    By Blogger Franklin, At September 25, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

  • I had a Wii Points card sitting around since Christmas and burned up half of it on Mega Man 9. Its definitely 100% retro, and damn difficult! But a good game.

    By Blogger Josh, At October 20, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home