Andy's Art and Whatever

Monday, December 10, 2007

Starving Artist



I can’t believe it actually came to THIS last week... I actually was spraying baked potatoes with "PAM" because I was out of butter and wanted some "flavore." Wow... i am POOR! Lol


anyway...


AlternaComics has come out with a small anthology of short stories to help promote their authors and artists. I sent them one of my short stories a long time ago and heard nothing from them about it so I assumed it wasn’t good enough or something... lo and behold it made it into their second anthology... AND no less than the FIRST COMIC IN THE BOOK! WHOO HOO!!


So if anyone is interested check out "Alterna Tales Anthology #2" from http://www.alternacomics.com/ to see my comic! It’s my short, but grim, story "Teddy" about a young girl who is led away from the mall by a sex molester and of the gruesome revenge that is exacted when her teddy bear gets mad. It’s short... a mere 4 pages, but it was difficult to write and I think it’s one of my more powerful works. I’m sure that it’s up for free on wowio.com so if you can’t afford to order a book, check it out for free!


Other than that... usual crap... I have 3 days to get $20 into my bank or else Wells Fargo will close my checking account and I won’t be able to re-open it for 5 years. Sigh... I’ve tried to get commissions to pay it off, but PayPal takes too long so I’m probably gonna have to hock some more of my DVD collections... I already had to sell one of my Sherlock DVD’s, which is so sad for me cuz that was one of the things I swore I’d never sell... but times are rough and I can’t justify having it...


I can’t wait until I get paid this Friday... not only will I be able to buy FOOD for the first time in like 4 weeks, but I’ll be able to finish my Christmas shopping, pay off my loan bills, and buy a tree! It’s my first time celebrating Christmas where i actually will be able to buy my girlfriend some PRESENTS! In the past I’ve either been able to get her ONE thing, or nothing at all. This year is going to be different!


Anyway... that’s what’s new... I’ll keep ya all updated on anything else that might come up...


Oh yes, one more thing... can anyone here encode into Quicktime’s Sorensen(spelling?) video format? I want to send my Demo Reel to Pixar Animations, but they require that it be in Quicktime format, and unfortunately I do not have the software (nor the ability to pay for it) to convert my AVI file into a MOV file. So if anyone could help me out, it would be MOST appreciated...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home